Saturday, January 12, 2013


Keep Austin Texas Weird


Ok, the popular slogan of our capital city should actually read "Keep Texas Weird" -- I mean this is the nicest sort of way, in regard to the weather.

Over Christmas we had all manner of weather changes from spring-like temps to snow -- some of it in a matter of hours. This week has been equally strange.  Early in the week we had monsoon like rain.  We have been assured we needed it and we did need it but it sort of came from nowhere and made the usual disaster out of the traffic.  Yesterday it was like early summer and today it is dense fog, cold temps and the possibility of rain, possibly "wintery mix".  Trust me, there is  no idea of packing up seasonal clothes around here -- it can change seasons in a matter of minutes.

I don't even need to mention the pollen count.  I am walking proof that the pollen is alive and well and thrives in all sorts of weather conditions.

As for my day, it will involve laundry, working on my family tree and my least favorite activity -- grocery shopping.  Yay.

No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...