Monday, January 07, 2013





Musing Mondays

Musing Mondays is a meme hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading.  Each Monday you have the opportunity to choose one of three questions to answer.

I usually answer the question about what I am reading and how I feel  about it and so forth.  However, today I am going to answer a different question because it is so timely being right after Christmas and all.

The question I will be answering is "tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else and why you chose that/those book(s).

I am a great gifter of books.  I usually try to fulfill others requests but sometimes I go out on a limb and just surprise a person with something I particularly enjoyed.  This Christmas was a big book year for me.

My son received two books about Bishop Sheen.  My son is a devout Catholic and genuinely enjoys reading religious writings.  These are the books I bought for him.



My daughter in law received the following.  She didn't request them but  I had  read"The Forgotten Garden" and really enjoyed it so I coupled it with a title that I intend to read and hope she enjoys them.




My daughter requested this--


My son-in-law asked for a couple of tutorials on digital photography and photoshop but I can't remember the titles.

Grandson Nathan got four little beginner readers -- one being the classic "Frog and Toad are Friends".  Granddaughter Kathryn received "Angelina Ballerina" and Granddaughter Bean received Richard Scarry's "Cars and Trucks  and Things that Go" because she enjoys finding Goldbug.

I have recently purchased a copy of "The Bobbsey Twins" for my Nook.  I am reading it for the children's book challenge I am a part of.


2 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

Books are always gifts I give.

Gill

Daystarz Books said...

What wonderful gifts!

My MM: http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2013/01/07/musing-mondays-3/

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...