Friday, June 14, 2013





Friday Finds is hosted by shouldbereading.wordpress.com.  This week my Friday Find is M. C. Beaton's "A Highland Christmas".




When I say it was a "find" I meant it-- literally.  I had checked this book out from the library via my Nook.  It was my first library book on the e-reader and, as I was finishing up some other reads, I didn't have time to finish it before it was due to be returned so I decided to purchase the book.  I went to my local B&N to find it and, for the life of me, I couldn't find any of the Beaton books.  Yes, yes, I know, I could have asked but asking for help in a bookstore for me is like a guy asking for directions while driving -- isn't going to happen.  Somehow I managed to find the books and I honestly don't know how they were shelved -- they just didn't seem to be in the correct place but I DID find them but not this title. Looking down at the lowest shelf, behind another title by another author, I found this little bitty book.  Was it shelved wrong or did somebody hide it there to be picked up later?  Who knows but the bigger question is-- this is such a short book why didn't I finish it before it was due at the library?  Anyway, I have the book and will be finishing it now.  As far as "discovering" a new read, I have to say that I discovered this entire series and look forward to enjoying it as much as the Aunt Dimity series.

No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...