Monday, June 10, 2013






Musing Monday - June 10, 2013


The questions of "what am I currently reading" and "what have I recently bought" sort of go together this week.  I am currently reading "Sullivan's Island" by Dorothea Benton Frank.  I originally purchased this for my Nook but, after getting aggravated about always needing to charge the thing, I opted to buy the book.





One of the problems I have with e-readers is, while you can see what page you are on, you can't "see" how far you have gotten in the book.  I was surprised to see how far I had gotten on the Nook when I found my place in the physical book.

Yesterday, while at B&N, I also bought "The Secret of the Old Clock".  This is the first in the Nancy Drew series and I decided this would be my next choice for the children's book challenge I am participating in.  I didn't read much Nancy Drew when I was growing up -- just didn't like mysteries but I think now, as an adult, I am really going to enjoy it.







Last week I also learned how to check out books from the library using my Nook.  The title I chose was "A Highland Christmas" by M. C. Beaton.  The checkout time is fairly limited so I am not sure I will get this one finished before I have to return it but I am enjoying the Hamish Macbeth series so I will probably have check it out again.


3 comments:

caite said...

Christmas books! Heavens, I am thinking beach reads..lol

Boyett-Brinkley said...

There is method in my madness -- it is the first in the series and I am a little OCD about reading a series in order! We are having our first triple digit day here today so Christmas doesn't sound so bad!

Daystarz Books said...

Just stopped by to check out your blog :-) here's what I'm reading https://daystarz.wordpress.com/2013/06/11/musing-mondays-what-im-reading/

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...