Monday, February 24, 2014








Musing Mondays is hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading.  This morning's "musing" is a bit involved but here goes.

3 Books That Have Impacted You

The Good Master
The Kitchen House
A Woman of Substance

3 Books Currently on Your Wishlist

Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker
The Screwtape Letters
The Great Gatsby (no, I didn't read it in high school much to everyone's shock)


3 Books You Have Purchased in the Last Six Months

French Women Don't Get Facelifts
The Christmas Candle
Nancy Drew, The Bungalow Mystery

3 Books You Can't Help But Recommend to Others

Folly Beach
A Woman of Substance
The Aunt Dimity Series

3 Books With Amazing Covers

Ok, this is my weakness because I tend to buy books by their covers so I don't know if this answer is going to reflect amazing covers or just covers that appeal to me.

I love the covers of the Jan Karon's Mitford Series as well as the Aunt Dimity Series.  The Elm Creek series has covers that appeal  to me as well although they are a bit whimiscal, like the other two.  Another author that has beautiful covers is Kate Morton. Yes, I know that is more than three.  Sorry.






9 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

I had already posted my MM when I visited Miz B so I didn't do the 3 fun things post. Maybe I will try it next week. I liked The Dressmaker, but haven't read any of the other books you listed. Enjoy your week.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I am off to the bookstore to add to my overflowing stash! The dressmaker is on the list.

Anonymous said...

I used to LOVE the Mitford series by Jan Karon--and I even had the pleasure of having dinner with her before an author event. She was delightful--and definitely the model for her Cynthhia character, although she denied it!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for sharing these. Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker is on my wish list too (though it's not on today's post). I love the covers of the Mitford Series too.

Hope you'll pay me a visit today at http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2014/02/musing-mondays-3-books-february-24.html

Boyett-Brinkley said...

bookmammalmusings -- I am sure she was delightful and I always figured she was the model for Cynthia. I would love to meet her and I am hoping a new book will be out soon.

Unknown said...

Yes, Kate Morton does have gorgeous covers :)
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/02/musing-mondays_24.html

JC Jones said...

My Mother threw away all my Nancy Drew books when I left home. I still miss them. Mixed Book Bag

Boyett-Brinkley said...

J C Jones -- :(

Boyett-Brinkley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...