Thursday, January 14, 2016

And...It is Finished!

The apartment has been duly vacated.  Everything is in a new place.  I even vacuumed the floors.  I am tired.  I am dirty.  I am a bit emotional over this -- probably because I am tired but I have learned a lot from this -- different things than I learned from dealing with my own parents life changes.  My perspective of things has changed somewhat -- the things that matter and the things that don't.  I have seen people in a different light as well as the value of material goods. 

Hopefully after a good night's sleep I won't be waxing quite so philosophical.

6 comments:

Pom Pom said...

A job well done! Write it down, even if it's just a quick list. Remember what you learned because looking back will be invaluable some day.

Frugally challenged said...

And . . . breathe! Well done. I do hope MIL likes her new accommodation.

Gill - That British Woman said...

Oh dear me, I have been catching up with you escapades and you have certainly been through the mill. Any advice would be most welcome on this "adventure" that you have been through with your MIL, as I would hate to have to make my kids go through the same.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Pom Pom -- yes, I will. And...my "someday" starts today because when it comes to me personally, who ever has to deal with me in any sort of life change, will not be met with such chaos. I don't intend to give up "stuff" = I like SOME stuff -- but there will be less of it and more logic when dealing with my "stuff".

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Mary -- yes. I slept well last night, feel reasonably good today and am looking forward to getting on with things -- and decluttering my own things.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Gill -- I will be writing a blog post on it quite soon -- I have learned a lot from this little exercise and would be happy to share what I have learned.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...