Monday, February 01, 2016

A Walk in the Park

Well, ok, not the park but a walk in my yard.  The weather has been gorgeous lately (knock on wood) so I decided to take a morning stroll in my own yard and see how things are doing.  I took a few snaps to share my finds.


Clover by the front door

violets amongst the dwarf mondo grass

pear tree getting ready to bloom

better photo of the pear tree

Yaupon holly berries

something -- not sure what --

the ubiquitous mint

bag worm -- ewwww!

Mockingbird singing loudly at the very top of the pear tree
 And, the inside plants are doing ok as well.


Pothos Ivy that almost bit the dust because I forgot to water it

Christmas Cactus that should be dead by now
And, on a different note, we were at B&N on Friday and I decided to spend my time looking at magazines.  I looked at Vogue UK, Vogue Paris, Vogue US, Country Living UK, Country Living US and then this caught my eye --

This entire section -- three levels -- of adult coloring books.  Now, I have to say that coloring has always been one of my favorite pastimes ever since I got my first 8 ct. box of Crayola Crayons.  I was particularly thrilled when I first saw the adult coloring books -- I have a couple and love them.  I knew a trend was growing but I had no idea how it would catch on!

I find it a bit comical that these coloring books are smack in the middle of the area devoted to women's interest magazines -- you know, the crafting, quilting, knitting, homekeeping section.  Does this give us any insight as to the stress of modern women?  I would say so.  Either that or we are all closet artists! Or both!

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the little walk through my yard.  Since the pear trees are coming out I am sure there will be at least one more hard freeze -- there always is -- but it certainly looks like spring is on its way.

2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hi BB! I love to browse the mags at Barnes & Noble! I'm sort of slow at the coloring. It's fun but challenges my attention span. LOL! Your yard is pretty! I especially like that mockingbird!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi Pom Pom! I find the coloring calms me down. I don't spend a long period of time doing it at any time, just a little bit here and there. In fact,I am still on the first page! But it is fun. Thank you for the compliments on the yard! That mockingbird is noisy!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...