Monday, February 01, 2016

Musing Mondays

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
Musing Mondays at ADailyRhythm
  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…

THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: What do you do with your books once you’ve read them?


Here I am again with my Musing Mondays post.   I am going to respond to two of the prompts today.

The first prompt is -- "I'm really upset by...."

The fact that I seem to have lost a book and can't find it anywhere.  I am looking for the next title in the Elm Creek Quilt series and I have it marked in my little book that I own it but I can't find it.  I feel like I bought it some time ago but it is nowhere to be found and I have now destroyed all four of my bookcases looking for it.  Blah.  I also remember marking my list that I "owned" one of the books when I really didn't and now I wonder if it was that one.  Ah, an ageing mind is a sad, sad thing.

The second prompt is -- "What do you do with your books once you've read them?"

Well, for the most part they go back on the bookshelf.  Sometimes, however, if it is an author I am not partial to or a title I just didn't enjoy that much I will sell them at my neighborhood Half-Price Books (which don't pay much on the $, BTW) or I will donate to the Watauga Library because they accept donations with great gusto.  However, there is a new, independent book store opening here in Fort Worth and they also accept used books so that might be another option to me.

So, that is my musing for this Monday!

3 comments:

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Oh, I can't stand when I lose a book--easy to do around here because my office has so many. I hope you find it if you really own it.

I hold onto some books too. Can't say I've ever considered selling them. Next idea. Might have to consider that.

Thanks for visiting The Book Connection.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I hate not finding a book! That happens to me more nowadays, because I didn't list the ones I donated this year...my bad.

And my shelves are all over the place in various rooms, alphabetically arranged on each one, but the search is always challenging.

Here is my MUSING MONDAYS POST

alberta ross said...

I can spend hours trying to find a book I am sure I own which suggests I need some order - see my post!! and trying to find somewhere to give them away is a problem

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...