Friday, October 14, 2016

Latest Card and Trip I Forgot About

I think it must happen to everybody.  We forget things.  Maybe we are tired, too busy, just ditzy but we forget things.  Seems I forgot an entire trip we took. 

Early September we were invited to join our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter in San Antonio to celebrate our daughter's birthday.  We ate good food, had good fellowship with friends and visited a local mall, North Star Mall, to see a fanastic Lego display.  Pictures can describe it better than I can.





















Sorry about the sideways photos -- I don't know how to turn them around. It was a really amazing display and I would love to see it again when half the population of San Antonio wasn't there.

And now, for my latest card --


A cute little birthday card for a cute little girl.  Hopefully one of these days I will grasp the concept of getting the elements straight and centered.  But, until then, this will have to do.

Today has started out better.  I have been off social media for most of the morning which is a good thing.  I took my blood pressure and it was quite normal.  I have gotten laundry done, the card finished, a gift wrapped, the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded, I am dressed and enjoying the rain.  It has been raining since about 5 a.m. We need the rain and the lower temps are very refreshing.  Sunshine this afternoon - sounds like a good day coming up!

Happy Friday, all!

4 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

That is some Lego! Particularly admire Lady Liberty.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Isn't it something? I really enjoyed it! With all the kids around, though, it was a good thing they were all glued together!

Pom Pom said...

We had the same display here last year and I loved it, too!
I'm glad the weather has cooled for you!
Our daughter and her hubby and girls are all moved into their new house. It's quiet here today!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Pom Pom -- yes, I really enjoyed that display as well. I would like to see it again. The weather has cooled some but our a/c went out last night and it is still a little too warm for that! Aw, I am sorry your crew has settled but the quiet can be nice!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...