Saturday, April 22, 2017

The Little Couple

For the last several summers we have had families of cardinals living in our yard and the one next door.  I noticed our latest couple a few days ago but managed to get some snaps this morning.

They are very pudgy and the cool weather this morning has made them very frisky - if you can call a bird frisky.  At any rate, they are all over the yard and burrowing down in the jasmine -- I wonder if they are what is stealing my strawberries?

So, anyway, meet the little couple!
The Mister

The Missus
Sorry for the poor quality of the photos but I was inside the house and every time they saw me move they took off so this was the best I could do!

2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

They are so pretty! I wish they'd come to Colorado.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I am wondering if these are the same ones that have been around here the last couple of years. However, if they are the ones eating my strawberries, I wish they would quit.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...