Saturday, October 28, 2017

Just Checking In

I have been away from here for a bit but things have been a little hectic around here. 

The first thing I have done something horrible to my knee.  I think it is an arthritis flare but it might be bursitis.  One thing it is for sure is miserable. I went to the doctor yesterday for it and he is sending me for x-rays to see which of my knees is the worst and told me to quit taking Advil.  I asked what I should do about the pain which has been very bad (I have a high pain threshold and this has literally brought me to my knees.).  He suggested that I use a Salonpas patch since it has lidocaine but since I am allergic to adhesives I passed on that. So, I tried Aspercreme with Lidocaine this morning and it actually helped.  I was surprised and relieved.  I have only used it once today and I am still experiencing a manageable amount of pain. 

However, now I feel like I am coming down with a bug.  I can't be less thrilled.  I had two dr. appointments yesterday and was spiking a low temp at each so I don't know if I really feel bad or if it is just in my head but I feel cold and clammy and my tummy is a tad dodgy. 

All of this complicates our latest project.  We are considering a move to another house. We are working on it and I will say it is a much more complicated process once you are retired.  We aren't completely sure we are going to go through with it but we are forging ahead with a positive attitude. 

We celebrated my eldest granddaughter's 9th birthday today. It was a nice gathering and she is growing up way to fast.  The four cousins were together and it was a good time had by all.

Our weather has changed and our 20 minutes of autumn has passed and winter is upon us -- until Monday when summer returns. No wonder everybody feels bad. Yck.  I don't like season changes and then next weekend --I think-- we have to face the time change.  Hopefully they will stop that -- I heard talk about it and hope they carry through with it.

So, I thought I would check in with what is going on -- not much yet a whole lot all at the same time and we are at the point where we hurry up and wait.

More on the move later.



2 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Oooh, everything sounds a bit grim. Just the time to consider a move! Look after yourself.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I know. My timing is flawless, wouldn't you say?

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...