Saturday, November 11, 2017

Moving Right Along -- Literally

Movement -- that seems to be the focus of my life these days. 

For the last three weeks I have had very little movement, choosing to sit curled up in a chair writhing in pain.  I finally moved myself to the doctor, got x-rays and a referral to an orthopedic surgeon.  The conclusion is that I have severe arthritis in both knees and I was having a lot of inflammation in my right knee so action had to be taken.

I didn't know this doctor but she put my mind at ease and was easy and pleasant to converse with.  She drew a lot of fluid off the knee (I could feel a difference immediately) and then administered a cortisone shot.  She then prescribed Aleve twice a day for two weeks which I am a little cautious about but I am following orders as laid out.  I am doing a few exercises to try to improve my range of motion in that knee because after sitting curled up for three weeks I am almost unable to straighten my leg which makes walking pretty difficult.  I am seeing some improvement and am SO grateful because more movement is in my future.

We have decided to move from our current home to a new-to-us house with some much needed changes.  We moved here about 12 years ago -- new construction, a garden home with the yard done for us, in a small gated community.  It has been nice but it lacks some things we need.

When we moved here we didn't have four grandchildren.  Our house has two bedrooms and a study.  When I have the group over and need to put them down to sleep I have no room.  It also has a larger garage for my woodworker husband and a place for me to sew which is a plus.  It is also in closer proximity to both our children which will be nice. 

We will close on the property on the 20th and I am ready to get this show on the road.  We (that means the Hubs) have started packing and will continue today.  I don't look forward to this part of it but will be glad when we get it accomplished.  I am ready to be settled.  The fact that we are moving into the bad weather season hasn't escaped me so I am ready to get my stuff in the new place just in case we do something silly like winter.

So, that is what has been going here.  I will update as time goes on and hopefully we won't run into too many glitches! 







2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

YIKES! So much work but I can't wait to see your new digs! Please get well, friend. I hate it that your knee hurts.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Thanks, Pom Pom! Yeah, not a great time to be gimpy. But, Hubs assures me I can sit and pack at the same time!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...