Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Yesterday

Yesterday we lost my mother in law of 45 years.  She was 96 years old and had been blessed with a long, healthy life, a large family and many opportunities.  It is sad but at the same time a life to be celebrated with joy.  It was a peaceful passing and she had the opportunity to see all of her sons and have her daughter speak to her on the phone from Cleveland.  There was time for everybody to say what they needed to say, visit with grandchildren and great-grandchildren and for everybody to process what was happening. 

It was a beautiful day yesterday -- the temps were mild and the sun was shining.  There was no better day for her to continue her journey into the next life where I am sure she was met by her husband and all her siblings.  I am sure there was a joyful noise in Heaven.


Godspeed, Granny

7 comments:

Sally said...

I'm sorry for your loss, but thankful she'll meet up with her husband, and others who have gone on before. God bless you all.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Sally--thank you. Her husband passed away in 1966 so it has been a long, long time -- I am sure it was a great reunion. She was the last of 14 children so she lived a good long time and was very healthy up to the last two years so she was indeed blessed.

شوقي عوض said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pom Pom said...

Oh, I am so sorry, BB. I hope your hubby is doing okay. Prayers for your family.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Pom Pom -- Thank you. He is fine. This wasn't unexpected -- still hard but not a surprise.

Penhallow Street said...

I'm so sorry to learn of your mother-in-law's passing--my deepest sympathies. It sounds as if she had a beautiful opportunity to say farewell to her loved ones and a peaceful passing, which is consoling. I'll keep you, your husband, and the family in my prayers.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Thank you, Bonnie! Yes, she had a long life, lots of opportunities, a nice family and home and she went peacefully -- she was blessed.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...