Saturday, February 10, 2018

Facebook -- What to Do

I have  been "on"  Facebook since its inception.  I remember signing up for it before it was clear what it was for.  That is a long time ago now.  I used to enjoy it.  Some of it I still do but....

I am on several interesting sites and I comment and people comment back and we enjoy conversation about a mutually interesting subject. 

But...nobody reads my posts.

I posted two reasonably interesting things yesterday -- one sort of sadly comical -- sad because it was true, comical because, well, it was true.  And, one with photos which I thought were interesting.

No comments, no heads up that it was seen.

I clearly don't have what it takes to be a facebooker. 

Should I quit?  Should I just lurk which is mostly what I do anyway? 

I read peoples posts and I comment.  I am invisible.

Oh well......


6 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Got to admit that I'm not a Facebook fan. I never post. I rarely check and find it quite difficult to find my way around. I like blogs better.

I do sympathise about feeling invisible when there are no comments even though it's blog posts rather than Facebook posts that I'm talking about.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I am terrible for reading things and not commenting, so maybe hang in there a bit longer.....

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Mary -- I really prefer the blogs to FB as well. I really only use FB to keep up with family. I do like messenger though.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Gill -- I am guilty of doing the same.

JLS Hall said...

I've never liked Facebook. And I don't really "hang out" there (as you probably know). I TRY to remember to check in at least a few times a week to see what's going on with everyone, but I don't always catch every post. But even when I'm there on a regular basis, I don't always see all the recent posts from everyone. And then, once I do see them, I can never find them again. Obviously, I'm just not very good at FB-ing. Didn't see your post with the photos - I'll have to go look for it.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Joy Lynn -- yes, the only reason I am on FB is to keep up with family and a few friends but, as you say, I don't see everything that gets posted and I miss a lot of stuff. I do like that one group about San Antonio -- memories and memorabilia or something like that -- they have neat photos but I have really lost interest in FB. And, it isn't your FBing skills that are the problem -- it is Facebook!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...