Sunday, April 22, 2018

April 22, 2018

On this day, in 1970, the first Earth Day was celebrated.

I do my best to reduce my carbon footprint and be ecologically aware.  However, as I am getting older, I am finding it harder to do a lot of the stuff I used to do.  It would be easier if my knees would cooperate but, so far, they aren't. 

So, Happy Earth Day -- be sure to recycle and be aware of how your habits affect the earth, the people on it and, no small thing, your pocketbook.  Have a wonderful day -- go plant a tree or a geranium!  Personally I am really digging all the bright red geraniums I am seeing around town.


On the reading front I am reading the series "Made in Savannah" by Hope Callaghan.  I am on book 8 of 9.  This cozy mystery series has sucked me in since my visit to Savannah and, because it is easy read, I have just flown through the books.  These books aren't complicated or sophisticated but they are fun to read.

After visiting the area and reading about the history and some of the curiosities of the city, I have enjoyed reading these books because, even though the names of places and events have been changed, it is very transparent and I know what they are talking about.  By reading these books it has sort of extended my visit.

I have been researching more books set in Savannah that AREN'T a series and I have a list that I am going to read when I am done with this.  The first one is obviously "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil".  I watched the movie but I understand the book is so much better.  There are a couple by Mary Kay Andrews as well that are set in Savannah.  I love lowcountry settings as I have never lived near a beach and I really enjoy the reading atmosphere.

So, today is our congregational picnic at church.  It is always a lively affair with all the kids running all over the playground and good food.  I am not there, however, as my knee has me sidelined.  My husband, daughter and granddaughter are there though and I hope they are having a wonderful time!

The rest of the day is going to find me trying to do some laundry and picking up and just putting things to right for the upcoming week.  I am hobbling pretty well though so not sure how much I will get done but we will see.  I see a crock pot dinner in my future!

Have a wonderful Sunday! Hopefully all that advil I am taking will help the knee soon!

No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...