Saturday, June 02, 2018

June? Already?

I can't believe it is already June! What happened to May?  I guess I blinked.

We have had some really early really warm days here in Texas.  We don't usually have 100+ days in early June but yet, here we are.  A lot of people complain about the heat -- the same ones that complain about the cold -- but I am not one of them.  I don't do well in extreme heat because of medications that I take that make it worse but I am blessed that I have air conditioning and I have the freedom to stay indoors and enjoy it. 

How do I enjoy it, you might ask?  Well, I have several hobbies that I enjoy -- reading, needlework and drawing -- the drawing is new.  I also do my exercise indoors. And there is the ever-present housework to keep me busy.

The other thing that I really enjoy is watching the birds.  We have positioned the bird feeders close to the breakfast area windows and we are always entertained by them.  We have a large dove that likes to sit on the top of the hook from which the feeder hangs and when he takes off in flight the whole thing springs back and forth!  Lots of activity out there right now.

We have a cardinal family that has been around here since we moved in and they are so lovely.  A brown thrasher family has joined in the neighborhood and they must have babies because the male just paces the yard catching bugs for their meals.  He looks rather frantic as he paces -- maybe we have more birds than bugs?  It is a very active yard and so much fun to sit with a cuppa and just watch. 

While it is hot outside we have had a great time planting our little fairy gardens.  I am not sure if the fairies like them but we did our best.  I am planning out the next one that is going to be a beach scene in a galvanized bucket.  My husband thinks I am a little crazy but I think I am creative! And nothing like keeping Hobby Lobby in business!

So, we are expecting a cold front (haha!yes, the term the weather wizards used) later today but for now we are experiencing the hottest day of the year so far so I am watching PBS -- a lovely documentary on Italy -- looks lovely!




3 comments:

Pom Pom said...

The hot weather can get old really fast, huh? Fairy gardens are fun!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

It just go here so early!

Pom Pom said...

Back to say that it got hot way too early here, too. I hope it will grow my flowers bigger and faster.

Catching up, Checkin in —

 Hi, all! Happy belated St. Patrick’s Day!  It was a lovely day here, a bit cool, but dry which is good because we have been getting a lot o...