Saturday, November 24, 2018

Saturday 9

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Black Magic Woman

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: Black Magic Woman (1970)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune: Hear it here.

 
1) Black is this week's signature color because Friday, November 23, was "Black Friday," when retailers cut their prices and consumers flock to the stores. Did you score any "Black Friday" bargains?

No, I don't "do" black Friday.  I did go to Hobby Lobby to get antlers and a reindeer nose for my car but they were out.  So, I bought a box to store my paper cutting dies in and I had a 40% off coupon.
 
 

2) On busy shopping days,  carts often litter parking lots. After loading your items into your car, are you careful to return your shopping cart to the store or the designated cart receptacle?
 
We routinely park next to the cart return place so we always put it back.
3) Who on your gift list is hardest to buy for?
 
Everybody --that is why we give the gift that fits all tastes and sizes and almost everybody likes green.

4) Feasting and football are also popular Thanksgiving weekend pastimes. Do your Thursday-Sunday plans include enjoying leftovers or watching a game?
 
No leftovers this year because we ate away from home but football -always.  Big Texas A&M fans, here, Gig 'em, Aggies! Whoop!

5) Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade is an annual event. It began in 1924 as a local event in New York. Today it's nationally televised. Did you watch it?
 
For the first time in my life I sat down and watched the whole thing through.
 
6) What did you give thanks for on Thanksgiving 2018?
 
My health, my family, their health, the weather, just life in general -- it is a blessing.

7) At the first Thanksgiving, there were no forks. Pilgrims ate with spoons and knives, and forks didn't become popular until the 18th century. Think about your Thanksgiving place setting. Did you have both a salad and a dinner fork?   
 
no

8) Pies are a popular Thanksgiving dessert. What kind of pie did you enjoy? Or did you have ice cream? Or did you skip dessert?

Pumpkin pie
 
9) This week's featured band, Santana, was named for its founder, Carlos Santana. He was born in Mexico. When at a Mexican restaurant, what do you usually order?

Last  night at Baha I had chicken tinga street tacos.  At our usual place, Mi Cocula, I have been getting a plate called La Condesa -- it is chicken with spinach and mushrooms in a creme sauce.  Very nice.

 


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!"

8 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

I had pumpkin pie, too. With whipped cream. It just felt like the right way to end the annual feast.

JLS Hall said...

Yum! The chicken dish sounds delish, although the cream sauce would probably kill me. Interesting that neither of us mentioned queso as something we order. As kids, we always had it -- and it always made us sick. Hmmm. There's a lesson there I guess.

It's been a long time since I actually watched the parade. I mostly just like the balloons and the Rockettes.

Lori said...

I agree Christmas shopping is so hard!
I am jealous you have been out to a Mexican restaurant. I love Mexican food so much. I loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Boyett-Brinkley said...

JLSHall -- yes, everybody else orders the queso but I don't eat much of it and yes, all those Saturday's we came home from Casa Rio -- you with an upset stomach and me with a sick headache. We were a pair, weren't we?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Lori! We are originally from South Texas so we cut our teeth on Mexican food. Now we live in North Texas and it is easy to find but not always as good as what we got at home. But, I still love it. Thanks for stopping by!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

TheGalHerself -- yep, wouldn't have been Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie! Thanks for coming by!

CountryDew said...

All of these people eating Mexican. Maybe I should give it a try. If I can find something not spicy. And with no tomatoes.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

CountryDew -- give just regular beef tacos a try -- you can take the tomatoes off.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...