Saturday, November 24, 2018

The Holidays

Well, Thanksgiving is almost a memory now and Christmas is quickly approaching.

We had a nice Thanksgiving.  We had dinner at our son's home and it was a nice evening.  No leftovers, but that is ok because we always get tired of the food quickly.  Our daughter and her family took the week to vacation at Disney and I am so glad they did.  It sounds like they had a lovely time and we really enjoyed the daily photos.  We are also glad they are home safe and sound.

Over the week, since there was no huge cooking going on, we decided to put up our Christmas village and pull things together for the holidays.  It is lovely.






We chose not to put up a big tree this year -- we don't have room with the village -- it is one or the other and since we really don't buy gifts anymore (they all prefer money) then I don't need a tree to put packages under.  This works well for us. 

I have been making holiday cards this year and have been having a good time of it.  I have a few more to make and then will start mailing them out.  One I will mail this week because it is going overseas and I want it to get there. 

So, it has been a quiet week and a productive week.  I am looking forward to going into Advent next week (Dec. 2) and the quiet time that goes along with. I am glad we put the decor up already so we can just enjoy the serenity of the season. 




No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...