Sunday, December 02, 2018

First Sunday in Advent -- December 2





Today is the first Sunday in Advent.  We have a tradition in this house that there is the lighting of the candle(s), followed by a simple meal and reading of Bible scripture.

We also start opening our advent calendar that my friend Mary sends us.  She is so special and so thoughtful -- I just love that she does this every year.

All the decor is done, the shopping is finished, the meal is planned, the scripture set out.  I am excited.






The first candle is purple -- it is the candle of Hope to remind us that Jesus is coming.

The scripture we will read is Romans 15: 12-13.

The church will be beautifully decked out this morning and the message will be clear.  The message of hope. 

I just love advent.

3 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Yes, HOPE! I love the way you are preparing.

Farm Girl said...

I love your candle stand. It would make advent so easy. I love everything you said. Have a wonderful day.

Granny Marigold said...

We sure do need HOPE in these times we live in.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...