Monday, December 03, 2018

Monday, December 3

The weather is turning colder this week.  It is beginning to feel more winter-like.  The weather reporter even said something that sounded vaguely like "snow" but doubtful for us.

We had our first Advent Sunday supper last night and all was well.  Bean read the scripture and I was so proud of her, she only hesitated on two words.  She wasn't a fan of the candle though, for the first time she seemed leery of the fire.  I tried to find LED candles but somehow that doesn't seem right and all the reviews on the ones on the internet were not good.

We opened the advent calendar that Mary sent and enjoyed that and she opened the little advent calendar with drawers filled with candy.

It was a good evening except for one thing.

I got word yesterday afternoon that my younger cousin passed away the night before.  It wasn't unexpected and considering her plight, it was probably a blessing but it was still hard to get my head around it.  I hadn't seen her or spoken to her in years -- we drifted apart as so often happens after kids grow up and move on with their lives.  However, I still feel a loss.

Penny, me and Diana

RIP Penny Gail -- you will be missed.

8 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I'm sorry for your loss, BB. Penny is a wonderful name. Prayers for her family.
Your Advent supper sounds very nice. Yes, the candles. We keep thinking . . .

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Thank you. She was named after a soap opera character but when she was little she always thought her name was really Penelope and nobody was telling her! The dinner was nice and we had a good time. I hope the month doesn't fly by.

Frugally challenged said...

I'd seen that you had opened your calendar - I do hope you enjoy it.

It's odd when someone we haven't kept touch in with dies - it feels as though we wasted that relationship, that it's a potential we'll never know and that feels sad. But you have other relationships to give thanks for as you remember your cousin.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Yes, Caroline and I have been having a ball with it! She had such a good time today chasing the elf! Yes, this cousin's passing is dredging all sorts of emotions. We were close when we were young and then, as families are want to do, family drama sort of came between her, her sister and myself. I think about how much fun we could have had if there hadn't been the rift and I feel like we all missed out. That makes it much much worse. And the fact that she suffered from early onset Alzheimer's makes it even worse because she missed out on several years of a still young life. It is just sad all the way around.

Farm Girl said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I love your thoughts today. I wish you all the best and you think about your cousin today.

Granny Marigold said...

Condolences on the loss of your cousin. May she rest in peace.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Farm Girl -- Thank you very much.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Granny Marigold -- Thank you very much.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...