Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Playing


It is cold and raining.  My allergies are bothering me and I have had a headache for days that I can't get rid of and it is just time for winter to go away.

So, what does one do with her time under these circumstances?  Nap? Not yet but maybe.  Craft?  Of course.

I got some advice from my friend Mary that I have tried to apply to these latest offerings.  I also decided to try to use up some scraps instead of just throwing them away -- it is like fabric, scraps are still yardage and cost money.  So, I decided to try some color combos that are non-traditional and to work on my clean an simple approach to cards.  I have put these away for future use and I might add some embellishment later but for right now, this is what I have.
I can see adding some die cut snowflakes
The sentiment is going to be Ho Ho Opps

posted this earlier but added the bow that I learned to make on a fork

might not add anything to this

twine?  Nothing?


A non-valentine for my daughter.  She was annoyed because she didn't get any Valentines so I am making her this, along with a Starbuck's gift card, to show her Valentines is any day!    

So,  this is what I have been doing all day.  Now it is aspirin and nap time!

2 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

You are definitely getting your hand in and developing your own style. And getting well ahead for Christmas! Very nice cards.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Thank you Mary! Your suggestions earlier made me stop and think about my comfort zone and how to do art within that zone. Like fabric, I love the gorgeous papers and I think my inclination is to make them shine -- and I love to color so that is what my focus is going to be. And for the bears - I think I am going to have them looking at a star (a suggestion from another person that they needed to have something to look at) and call it an unconventional Christmas card.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...