Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Fiesta!!

In April, in San Antonio, Texas, there is an event called Fiesta.  It is a week long event with several parades with impressive floats.

 There are carnivals and something called Night in Old San Antonio.  NIOSA is held in the historic old city of SA called La Villita.  There are food vendors and booths with fun and games.  The thing that is so notable about Fiesta is color -- everything is very colorful.

One thing that has become very popular since we moved from SA is a Fiesta wreath.  You see them on the doors on many houses, especially the houses in the older, more historic areas of town.

Many of the businesses sell Fiesta pins as collectibles.  Here is an example of one of those.

See what I mean about a lot of color?  So, today I was inspired by a card I saw online so I was trying to make something similar.  My finished product didn't look anything like the one I saw but it did remind me of a lively Fiesta season!





I definitely need to find my water pen and work on my watercoloring skills!





3 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

I'm pretty awful at water colouring so I can only admire! Did you do the "rainbow" effect on the base card too? A lovely idea.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Mary! Well, this was my first attempt at watercoloring that I would actually allow anybody to look at. I used regular pan paints but next attempt I will use the watercolor pencils and a waterbrush. I sort of felt like I was back in kindergarten and couldn't color in the lines. Yes, the stripe background I did as well -- that was the easy part! I was actually copying one I saw online -- I didn't even come close!

M.K. said...

Hi, BB! I finally found your blog! I usually reply to my blog readers via email, but I don't have your address -- and I didn't want you think I was being rude by not replying and thanking you for your thoughtful comments. Glad I've found your corner of the internet :) I'd never heard of a Fiesta Wreath before - pretty cool!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...