Thursday, September 17, 2020

False Fall

  I live in Texas.  Texas is unique in so many ways - size, shape, demographics, history, music and.....the dang weather.

Right now we are in what I like to call False Fall.  It is when we think we are still having summer but suddenly we have a couple of days of sweater weather.   Just when we are mentally and sometimes vocally saying “ahh” back comes summer.  That is where we are now.  We are back to summer.  We are waiting for a cool front to take us back to False Fall.  The thing about False Fall is that it is a stealthy season.  It might go away again or it might become Real Fall.  Usually Real Fall shows up around Halloween.

Fall — False, Real or anything in between is my favorite season.  It is about the only season that I feel like decorating for and burning smelly candles and snuggling up in quilts and watching sappy movies.  Even more than Christmas.  I was really in the mood to decorate  but then I couldn’t get the false pumpkins to celebrate False Fall.

My daughter is a master decorator.  She does all sorts of cute things with signs and props and candles on her front porch.  I was trying to emulate her.  I failed so I decided to go back to my go to plan and be myself.  My plan involves a little yard sign and a wreath.  I didn’t have a fall wreath and I decided not to go into a store to get stuff to make one so I ordered one from Amazon.  It came yesterday.  It is pretty.  It is supposed to be autumn magnolia leaves which works for my house since we have a magnolia tree by the front door.  I already had the yard flag.





So, I am doing my best to celebrate the 90 degree False Fall — not quite ready for hot chocolate yet but it will come.  



4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

That's a nice Autumn wreath on your door. I always admire flags that people hang out and change with the seasons but I've never bought myself one. Maybe I will one of these days.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Thank you, GM! I like the little flags. Easy to store and quick to change out.

Pom Pom said...

I love fall but I don't really like fall decorations. I used to, but now I don't. Maybe I'll change my mind when it isn't 85 degrees! Ha ha ha!
Maybe I should start brewing up plans for Halloween when we are sure to have lots of family here.
How is your wrist? Did you get a stretchy little brace?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi Pom Pom! I have gotten to the point I don’t really care for seasonal de or at all. I want to like it but I just don’t. The wrist is so so. I finished therapy on Friday. No I haven’t rotten the brace yet because I haven’t been anywhere!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...