Saturday, January 23, 2021

Socks and Calabacita

 I was really stressed out yesterday so I was tired today and decided to just take it easy, do a little laundry, run to the store, nothing heavy. So I watched several cooking shows while playing bubble pop and I got really hungry for calabacita—Mexican squash.  So, I made some to go with our salmon.  I had never cooked salmon before so I didn’t take photos of it.  There isn’t much exciting about a chunk of fish baking in the oven.  But, here are some photos of the squash.

Blurry. Bacon frying
Chopped veggies
Voila! Calabacita!


Recently, when I bought the shiny sneakers, I realized I needed some new socks.  I am not a sock person, never have been.  When I was in school it could be absolutely frigid and I would be all dolled up in a skirt and sweater and flats with bare legs.  Hated socks.  However, I decided I needed to get at least a couple of pair.  Maybe bright white socks would tone down the pearlish finish of the shoes.

So, an ad  kept popping up on Facebook for socks that don’t cut your legs, are soft and just a class act.  All kinds of colors.  Cute packaging. Cotton or wool.  I ordered three pair of white socks, from the wool collection, never looking at where they came from. They took much longer than I thought to get here so I went looking for them and they were on their way —- from Turkey.  So much for me trying to buy American.  

I have yet to try the shoes or the socks.  Maybe tomorrow.  The socks are really soft and I think they might  be good, for socks that is.  I will let you know as soon as I get around to trying them.




2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Socks from Turkey!! They should be nice and comfy.
I'm the exact opposite. My feet are always cold and except for July and August I wear some kind of socks. If the socks are wool does that mean they can't go in the dryer?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, GM! They are really soft and look really nice but, uh, I am not sure about the dryer. I had t thought of that. They might have to be hung up. I guess I should read the cute little box!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...