Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Feet


Feet are funny things, aren’t they?  I mean, we all know it and Dr. Seuss even wrote a book about it.  Feet aren’t very pretty so we try to pretty them up by pampering them with lotions and potions and pearly polishes.  You feel good and fancy and special but feet are still what they are, funny things.

I have been blessed with many things in my life and I am so, so grateful.  I have also been blessed with two good feet that have served me well.  I am afraid I didn’t always treat them so well, however, walking barefoot on hot pavement, cramming them into stylish shoes that maybe weren’t so good, dancing until they were about to fall off yet here we are, my feet and me, still together after all these years.

I have noticed, of late, that my feet are “talking” to me more.  They moan and sigh and generally complain in their own quiet way.  So, I have decided it is time to take better care of my feet.

Now, if you know anything about me you know that I am careful about purchases and prefer to buy American made if possible.  We have a shoe manufacturer here in Texas called SAS shoes and all their products are American made.

Now SAS shoes are durable, well made, leather (if that is your thing) and just scream “orthopedic”.  They also come in a variety of sizes and widths.  I have a love hate relationship with these shoes and yet I continue to buy them.  

So, I have been looking for a nice pair of white sneakers, like Keds only better made. After many Google searches I came back to SAS.  Why you might ask?  Because while my feet have been a blessing, I have to say that I have also been blessed with two feet that aren’t the same size or width.  I always buy shoes to fit the wider foot and the other foot just sort of swims along in the shoe.

So I found a pair of nice white sneaks on the SAS site and ordered them.  They came yesterday.  Imagine my horror when I opened the box and the shoes Were a whitish, silvery pearl color.  


So here I am thinking my nickname should be twinkle toes.  They aren’t as heavy as their shoes usually are which is good because heavy shoes hurt my knees.  They look cute, if these sorts of shoes can be considered cute but....I still haven’t tried them on.  I am waiting for some new socks I ordered.  

Well the good thing is that if they don’t work well or I can’t get my head around that hue, I can always return them locally.  

I will let you know.





5 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I hope they feel good, BB!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Me too! But I don’t want to be called sparkle plenty! Sounds like a Bond girl!

Olde Dame Holly said...

It can be so hard to tell what something really looks like when shopping online! I am sure the pearl was a shock. Glad to hear you have healthy feet. Mine are absolutely ruined! I am familiar with SAS, my husband wore them for decades.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Holly, my feet really aren’t healthy, I have lots of arthritis which just makes shoes shopping more challenging. Yes, my husband only wears SAS shoes too!

Anonymous said...

If you don't already know about Bomba socks check them out. My daughter whose job requires her to be on her feet for 8+ hours a day swears by them. Great product plus they donate a pair of socks to a homeless shelter for each pair sold.


Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...