Sunday, February 07, 2021

Sunday This and That

 A few updates on things —

The Turkish socks that took forever to get here  are lovely.  They wash beautifully and are so, so soft.  I think I might have to buy some more.

There is a definite improvement in my knee since I have been wearing the orthopedic shoes.  I know, they aren’t attractive but my knee isn’t hurting as much.  And who sees me anyway but the Hubs.  

I have really lost interest in Facebook but am really into my blog.  Facebook  is too political and my blog is warm and friendly.  I like my bloggy friends.  I am also spending much more time reading than surfing around Facebook.  There is another site similar to  Facebook called MeWe.  My son is on it and I joined.  I am part of several groups that are fun.  

Do any of my bloggy friends play Animal Crossing?

I tried something new last night with pork loin.  I usually just chunk the thing in the crockpot and revisit it after a few hours.  Well, Hubs has an adversion on to un-brown meat so last night I cut the thing into inch thick slices, squashed them out a bit and pan fried them. Five  minutes on each side.  Perfection.  I will be doing that again.

I decided to  start walking in my house for exercise.  I have a long galley kitchen that goes directly into the breakfast area which makes a nice path.  I did four or five passes earlier and will do more through the day. I don’t walk enough which just makes the knee worse.  The funny thing is, though, Trixie follows  me everywhere so she was walking laps with me and looking at me, the whole time, like I had lost my mind.  Maybe I have.  

Do you watch the Super Bowl?  It will be on.  I won’t watch it.  Not very interested, even in the commercials.  I will be reading my new reading start The Magdalen Girls by V. S. Alexander.  It has been on my shelf for literally years and it is time to start reading books I already have rather than buying new ones.

Speaking of books, however, I have to say that I really enjoy my kindle.  So much, so, that I have subscribed to Kindle Unlimited.  It is really great, as I think I have mentioned before, and last night I even looked at a magazine!  It was great.  I read the magazine and returned it and didn’t have to pay for it or store it.  Love it!

Ok, that’s all.  Need to gather up some items for the trash and maybe, maybe, vacuum before the football game.  For dinner we will be having breakfast which we do once a week so it is going to be  relaxing, albeit cold, day.




6 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

I'm not keen on Facebook either. I prefer my blog. Facebook is too much about getting shares, likes and whatever, whereas on my blog I just say what I think. Occasionally there's a comment which I'd prefer not to have but if they are really objectionable I can just delete them. Also Face book is no good for meeting new people - after all I met you through blogging and I doubt if we would ever have met in Facebook!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I agree, Mary and I have come to feel like my bloggy friends are really good friends that I can actually talk to and enjoy their company. On Facebook I find I don’t even want to comment!

Granny Marigold said...

I like Face Book because I keep up with my nieces and nephews who live on the prairies and I never see, They post pics of their children and it's a way to keep in touch.

I had to chuckle at the picture in my mind of Trixie following you around all the time wondering if her human had lost it.
Rereading the books I already have is something I'm also doing. Then I decide if I want to keep or donate them.

Olde Dame Holly said...

The exodus of so many bloggers to FB made me sad and was part of the reason I let my original blog lapse. I'm so happy to be back blogging and I enjoy reading your blog and some other delightful blogs, too. Seeing a new posting in my blog feed is a happy event!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

hi, Granny M! I do use FB for keeping up with my family. I get to see my great niece who lives in Delaware who I would never get to see otherwise and some elementary school friends. Occasionally I do use messenger to talk to people but my days of spending hours on FB are over.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Holly, yes when you get a new posting it is almost like the phone ringing! Reminds me of You’ve Got Mail!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...