Sunday, February 14, 2021

Winter is Upon Us

 There was a horrific car accident not far from me a couple of days ago.  It involved 133 cars and trucks and killed six people.  The cause was ice on the highway.  I really don’t like ice storms.

Today we have this.

And this is just the beginning.  We have several days of this ahead of us.  Is it pretty? Oh yes.  Do I enjoy looking at it? For a minute.  Am I happy about this? Not at all.  

However, it gives me the opportunity to think about what I am grateful for.....

A warm house

Food in the kitchen

No place to go

A dog that is trained to use potty pads

So, there we are.  I am from south Texas where snow and ice are rare, not impossible but rare, and this is just out of my comfort zone.  So, I am using the day to do some stuff I have been putting off doing and making the best of things.  It is supposed to be worse tomorrow so hopefully, if I can get a jiggle on, I might make a dent in organizing the photos and doing some major reading and maybe packing some clothes for donation.  This could actually be good.  I will let you know.

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

How awful that huge pile-up of vehicles must have been and all those poor people killed or at the very least traumatized. Winter weather sure causes problems, especially if people are not used to driving in those conditions.

I hope you can get everything sorted the way you want it. We're currently helping our oldest GD Kate build shelves in her storage room. It's a big area for a townhouse to have and she's looking forward to organizing when it's all done.

Olde Dame Holly said...

It is very hard when the weather is dangerous. My son drives for a living and there is no staying out of it or skipping work. I already drove in our snow this morning, and nearly slipped on the slush. I grew up in the subtropics so I know what you mean about snow and ice being out of your comfort zone!

M.K. said...

I saw the news posts about that horrible accident! That is every driver's worst nightmare. I'm so glad you're safe! You are right about being thankful for a warm, safe home on days like this.
I'm in Mississippi, also in the grip of this storm, and desperately hoping to get on the interstate to head home this week, and I worry about situations like that one.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...