Friday, September 03, 2021

Hello, all!

 Things have been busy around Fox Hollow on Prairie lately.  School started a couple of weeks ago and along with it comes all the horror of Covid.  The schools are full of it, no mask mandates, and no real plan for when it crashes and burns.  We learned today that Bean was in close contact yesterday with somebody who tested positive. We are less than thrilled but it is inevitable I suppose.  Fortunately she is wearing her mask and washing her hands and using sanitizer but it is incredibly horrific when thinking about the littles.  

In addition to all of that hot mess, we have been working on our front flower beds.  I say “we” but I mean the Hubs — I went out once in a while to make sure he hadn’t collapsed in the heat but it was all him.  Here is a before - 


The shrubs in the front are loropetulum which died during the winter and they came back out but they looked awful.  The people who did the landscaping before we came had it all layered and stacked and things were growing into each other.  There were these scraggly rose bushes that had killer thorns and I really didn’t like them.  They didn’t survive the winter either so we just took those out.  In fact, we just started over.

I will post pics of the “after” when we get the mulching done but  it is much improved.  Now we have to have some repair work done on the front porch and then paint.  All before winter.  I am sort of looking at turquoise as an accent color and, of course, haint blue on the ceiling of the porch.  I have to have that.  So, we have a bit of work to do but not so much that it will run into winter.  I am looking forward to having it all done and I really do like the way it is going to look.

I have been reading a whole lot too.  Trixie has to go to bed at 9 p.m. and I go with her but not ready for bed so I read.  I have subscribed to Kindle Unlimited and it is working out well — I don’t feel so bad giving up on a book now. The one I am reading now “The Winter Cottage” has sucked me right in.  It is good and I can’t wait to get to reading time tonight!  I will let you know how it goes.

So, that is all for this evening.  Looking forward to the long weekend but our plans for my daughters birthday have been put on hold since Bean has been exposed — we are just going to sort of quarantine and then get tested.  This stuff really needs to go away.

Anyway, have a wonderful, long, healthy weekend!

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

The Winter Cottage....Isn't it funny that some book titles just sound like they're going to be very interesting?

You sure do have your work ahead getting your house winter-ready. I look forward to the "after" pictures.

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pom Pom said...

Hi BB! I'm so sorry that Bean has been exposed. Boo.
I love Kindle Unlimited. It's fun, isn't it?

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...