Monday, January 05, 2009







RYOB Challenge -2009

Today I stumbled upon a reading challenge that is very suited to me. I am already involved in the TBR challenge which is similar but, since I have two blogs I thought two blogs would be acceptable -- more than that is overwhelming to me. So, I signed up for the RYOB challenge and, since overlaps are acceptable, my first book will be "Our Kind" by Kate Walbert. I figure if I post on TWO blogs that I will be reading it, maybe I will feel compelled to finish it -- we will see. My goal will be 12 books for the year. I know, that sounds like a meager amount and hopefully I will do better but, realistically, I would rather keep the number low and add to it as I go. It could go much higher as I seem to get roped into reading children's books a lot as I am buying and collecting for my grandkids and like to see what it out there for them.

At any rate, since I have been neglecting my blogspot blog for a while and don't really want to abandon it, I think I will use it for the RYOB Challenge. If you want to know what I am reading and what I think about it, you will want to check here. The TBR challenge will be on my other blog: http://melissaboyettbrinkley.wordpress.com.

Happy reading!

3 comments:

jlshall said...

A separate blog for each challenge is a good idea - if I didn't have so many challenges going, I'd try that. Right now, I'm just trying to keep one blog for reading-related posts, and another for all the other stuff - photos, memes, etc. Of course, that doesn't include the "extra" blogs I've got at Blogger. Or the several dormant blogs I've got at WordPress.

Keeping up all these multiple blogs is a little like self-torture, but I can't seem to stop! I wonder if there are such things as blog interventions?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I don't know but we may have to find you one! However, I can't talk -- I signed up for this one like I had done something new when I already signed up for it a few weeks ago -- just didn't remember! That is why I am only staying with two and keeping them separate! You know, the mind is a terrible thing to lose.

jlshall said...

By the way - have you signed up with the Yahoo Group for this challenge? I thought I had signed up back when I first signed up for the Challenge, but apparently not (senile dementia is a terrible thing!), so I joined the group yesterday. Yesterday or Monday? See what I mean about sen/dem?

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...