Tuesday, May 26, 2009



For Today

Outside my window I see the fruits of my gardening labor -- geraniums, lantana, purslane, pansies, and heliotrope

I am thinking about all the catching up I have to do today

From the learning rooms I am learning about being less wasteful

From the kitchen I am learning that I like my own food more than restaurant food

I am wearing denim capris and a striped blouse

I am reading "The Shroud of the Thwacker" and "The Night Watch"

I am hoping that my new "schedule" will help me accomplish more

I am creating some Christmas gifts

I am praying all the time

Around the house I am seeing that I need another great "clean out"

One of my favorite things is time

A few plans for the rest of the week is to grocery shop, tend to the new plants, work on my quilt and try to keep to my new schedule!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you



2 comments:

jlshall said...

Your garden sounds so nice! Now in addition to turret envy, I have garden envy.

I love that elephant. Where did he come from?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

You don't need to have ANY envy -- these are just plants in pots. Last year we bought a couple of big-ish pots and put rosemary in them --half of which promptly died. We put some purslane in with it and it did ok until winter. I have a couple of other pots that I have toted with me from house to house and I put geraniums in those, then I bought two little pots and put some lantana in it because it attracts butterflies. The pansies are in a ready made hanging basket and they completely wilted the next day and the other stuff probably isn't going to do well either. It is really sort of pathetic. The elephant is in front of the Witte Museum and was part of the Hertzberg Museum but that isn't there any more and they moved stuff to the Witte. I just thought it looked colorful! And cheery ! Not at all like the crap weather we are having!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...