Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hot! Books that are "summery".




Well, for me this is a no brainer. I would have to say that the book that I have read that reminds me most of summer is "Gidget ". I read it during the summer -- I remember laying on my bed with the blue floral bedspread, with the windows wide open in the sweltering Texas heat because we had no a/c reading "Gidget". Of course, the subject matter was "summery" because they were on the beach in California!

I have to say that while I did read during the summer, I did the majority of my reading during the school year and even now identify reading with curling up on a cold day and getting lost in whatever I am reading.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

I never read Gidget, but I loved loved loved the movies. They definitely remind me of the summer.

gautami tripathy said...

Never heard of Gidgit!

Heatwave reading

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I loved "Gidget" -- the book, the movies, the tv show -- I mean, who didn't want to be either Sandra Dee or Sally Field? I remember my mother thinking that I was reading a questionable novel when I read it -- so funny -- life in the 60's!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Gautami -- well, you have missed out! See if you can find a copy -- great fun back in the day!

jlshall said...

Never read the book, but I liked the movies and TV show. Although I never really cared for Sandra Dee as Gidget - thought she was sort of sappy. But I loved Sally Field (I like her - I really like her!) in the TV version. For some reason, though, Sally Field has always reminded me of our Aunt Betty Jean. Strange, huh?

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...