Friday, June 26, 2009

June 26, 1965

Today is the anniversary of my first date with hubby! The 44th anniversary to be exact! I remember it well -- he asked me out -- well, actually his assistant manager asked for him -- I said I needed to check with the parents -- I did, they said yes, then he told me he was on restriction so he had to see if he could get out of parental jail. He did and we went to see "Dr. No" and "From Russia With Love" at the Olmos Theater, which can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lastpictureshow/25161634
801.

We double dated with a buddy of his named Ronnie Holland and a girlfriend of mine named Penny Kuykendall. Penny and Ronnie were dating -- I heard LOTS of gossip -- but I had no idea that my new date knew him. It didn't matter -- they didn't stay long anyway.

I remember when I got home my mother asked if I had fun. I answered in the affirmative. Then she asked if I would go out with him again and I looked at her and said "Mom, I am probably going to marry him". Well, seven years later I did -- 37 years ago next week. Pretty profound for a 15 year old!

And, we have always had a special place in our hearts for James Bond movies and have a sizeable collection, thanks to our son and daughter in law, and can revisit June 26th anytime we want!

No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...