Sunday, August 14, 2011

Don't You Just Love Days Like Today?


Don't you just love days like today?  I used to not.  When I was young I always dreaded "perfect days" because I knew that it couldn't last -- it was the calm before the storm, so to speak. I knew the "high" was going to be, inevitably, followed by a low so I would prefer to not have the "high".  As I have gotten older, I have learned to enjoy these sorts of days -- to savor them gives me something to get through the not so perfect days.

It all began this morning.  I have typically always thought of Sunday as the end of the week rather than the beginning.  I have always felt like it was the end of the weekend, which of course it is, but I have always looked at it as the end of something instead of the beginning.  Today was different, though.  As I sat in church listening to an excellent sermon by our senior priest, it occurred to me that I was seeing things all wrong.  Sunday is the beginning of the  week,  a new beginning.  As Sunday goes, so goes the week.  It was an epiphany.  As I listened I looked around and realized how secure I feel in church.  I have always loved church and I have always needed church.   Today as I sat there soaking up all that was  going on around me -- the wiggly kids, the choir singing, the clergy in their robes and berettas -- the one thing that stuck with me was one line out of Father's message -- "nothing is impossible with God".  I needed to hear that.  The last few weeks have been jolting, mind boggling and emotion wrenching.  I needed to hear that sentence.  I am always amazed when the message seems to be intended just for me. 

Have a wonderful week!









3 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

Church resonated with me today. Funny how you get what you need!
Jane x

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Jane -- yes, it is. I don't know if I was just hypersensitive today or what but everything seemed to mean something and open my eyes to something.

Gill - That British Woman said...

what a joyful post, I will be at church this coming Sunday, we have had the last two Sunday's off,

Gill

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...