Friday, January 02, 2015






Beekle by Dan Santat


This is my first book of 2015 for the Picture Book Challenge.  It really isn't very fair of me to enter this challenge -- I read picture books to a 4 year old every day.  I have an advantage.  

This book, "Beekle" is about an imaginary friend who doesn't have a person. He was born where the imaginary friends are born but it takes him a while to find his person -- or his person to find him.  He is adorable, he is little and he is brave and courageous.  He finally finds his person in the form of a little girl named Alice.  They know from the beginning they belong together.  It is a beautiful story.

My granddaughter received this book for Christmas from her uncle, aunt and cousins.  It is one of her new old favorites and I would recommend it.


No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...