Monday, April 11, 2016

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men

often go awry.  Yes, indeed.  As I sat here this morning preparing to enjoy my tea with a bit of scripture reading as I outlined in my daily plan -- the phone rang.  I knew it wasn't my daughter as I had just spoken to her so...

It was an RA from my mother in law's assisted living place.  "Has something happened?" I asked.  "Yes", the lady replied, "Mrs. B fell this morning, hit her head, we called 911 and she has been transported to the hospital".  We were there almost as quickly as she was. 

That was at 8 a.m

She was quickly assessed and it was determined she sustained no injury and didn't need to be in a hospital but she needed to be someplace so the caseworker was called in and plans were made to sign her into an aggressive rehabilitation hospital.  We left to gather her things and within two hours she had been moved.

Hubs went to deliver her belongings, I went to pick up Bean.  We met up for dinner and then went back to the Rehab to take more things and check on the MIL.

She will be there for 14 days and then reassessed. 

I am tired and no, my  today didn't exactly go as planned.  I did get my scripture reading done in the car waiting for Bean but I haven't gotten my exercise done and there was no thought to laundry.  Guess I will begin again tomorrow.

*Sigh*

4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Oh no! I hope your MIL is better soon. Some days are not ordinary days. Our rhythmic plans are for ordinary days.
God be with you, BB.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Pom Pom -- anything I say will make me sound like I am being critical and I guess I am but let's just say that my MIL is her own worst enemy. The only thing wrong with her is that she is almost 95 and, because of previous falls (and fear of falling), she has become so sedentary that she has lost all muscle tone and her legs won't hold her up anymore. So, she is in rehab to try to regain some strength -- this will be the second time since Christmas with some home health thrown in as well. Her method of operation is -- if it hurts just don't move it. She has arthritis, it hurts, so she just sits still and now she can't move. I don't have much hope that this program is going to work for her and I think she will be content to continue her days in a wheelchair. Her mother had severe arthritis as well and she went to a nursing home because she couldn't move either so it sounds like my MIL is going down the same path as her mother. We will see.

Frugally challenged said...

Look after yourself as well! Your MIL seems to be causing a lot of worry but you are precious too.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Mary, thank you! I am trying to stay on my plan, not get excited or aggravated and trying to keep my poor husband from exploding. He doesn't do this sort of thing well. Hopefully this stint in rehab will get her bolstered a bit -- if she will just keep it up. I, on the other hand, am determined not to let myself lose strength and stamina so I am doing some exercise and making sure I get enough rest. The healthy eating thing is coming along -- but I am an emotional eater and I have to be careful of that because I tend to self-medicate with cookies!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...