Friday, January 01, 2021

Happy New Year!

 Hoping everybody is coming into 2021 safe and healthy.  It is cold and wet here on this first day of 2021, not my favorite weather but it is winter after all.

 I don’t believe in resolutions but I do believe in goals so I have set a few for myself for this year. 

My first goal is to decrease my procrastination.  I am an ace at it and I don’t like it.  I am making a short list of things I want to do every day without fail and I am not talking about the dinner dishes.  I am talking mostly about reading.  Reading is my most favorite activity and yet it keeps getting put on the back burner.  I need to change that. I didn’t quite reach my Goodreads goal this years so I am going to rethink that.

My next goal is to blog more.  I don’t have a whole lot to say a lot of the time but I would like to at least prowl around my yard and take some photos.  I need to freshen up my blog.

I am also getting back into cross stitching.  I hope to  combine my love of cross stitch with my interest in cardmaking.  I need to work on my creativity.  We will see how it goes.

So, that is my plan.  Small start, I know, but let’s she how 2021 proceeds.  My goals may change.

And I don’t believe in eating black eyed peas.

Have a wonderful New Year!






2 comments:

Olde Dame Holly said...

Oh, I love black-eyed peas. But my stove went out so I didn't cook any this year, but I'm counting having bought the bag of dried peas! I sure do hope you will keep up with your blogging this year! Glad to have found you. I am working on allowing myself to do things like read or cross stitch. For myself, my procrastination was tied into anxiety!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Merry! I hadn’t thought of the procrastination/anxiety combo bit it makes sense! Hopefully making more reasonable decisions about how to do things will help my procrastination. I am trying!

Update

 Yes, it has been a month — and what a month it has been.  Long story short all the grafts from my husbands bypass surgery have disappeared ...